Find Any Plumbing Issues Before Thanksgiving
One can watch DIY videos on YouTube all day long, hoping to tackle their home’s problems. Yet, nothing beats scheduling an appointment with a trained professional. Plumbing experts do more than clear clogs; they employ various diagnostic measures to prevent specific problems from arising.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that homeowners get plumbing inspections at least once a year. In doing so, they can save money and frustration this holiday season. However, homeowners may also need to hire a plumber to repair plumbing problems. When thinking about hiring a professional this holiday season, one should ask themselves:
Do the Toilets Need Repairs?
With proper maintenance, a toilet can last decades without running into any significant issues. The keywords here are “proper maintenance.” One must keep their toilet maintained and in working order to avoid problems. For instance, one should avoid flushing certain items, such as wipes or diapers.
A homeowner should also immediately consult a professional if they notice any of the following:
- The toilet makes gurgling sounds. This could point to a blocked line somewhere in the plumbing system. It could also point to bubbles inside the pipes.
- The toilet clogs constantly. Sometimes, homeowners flush things they shouldn’t, thinking: “Oh, it’s just the one time.” Yet, hair, napkins, wipes, and other materials can bind together inside a home’s pipes, causing recurring clogs. If homeowners can’t clear the clog with a plunger, they should consult a professional.
- Faulty flushing. If a toilet can’t properly dispose of waste, this could indicate a loose component. It could also mean a clogged sewer line.
- Leaks around the toilet’s base. If a toilet leaks, it may need to be bolted more into the ground. It could also point to a loose wax ring.
A professional can replace a toilet valve, fix leaks, or unclog a sewer line, depending on the cause of the toilet’s issues. Homeowners should have a plumber fix the problem immediately after noticing the warning signs, so the toilets are fully functional before guests arrive this Thanksgiving.
Does the Kitchen Plumbing Need Repairs?
The kitchen sees a lot of traffic during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving, because of the significance of the Thanksgiving meal. However, problems with the plumbing can disturb holiday plans. A kitchen sink should drain easily with no issues. However, if one notices any of the following signs, they should get professional help:
- Foul odors come out of the drain.
- The drains clear slowly.
- There’s poor water pressure.
- The sink’s water doesn’t stay hot for long.
- The home’s water bill increases for no explainable reason.
- The sink, faucet, or pipes leak.
A qualified plumber can diagnose and fix the problem and offer further insights to help homeowners prevent issues in the future. They can also answer any questions homeowners have about their plumbing systems.
Does the Bathroom Need New Fixtures?
Bathroom faucets and fixtures don’t last forever. When rust begins forming on their base, they have too much wear and tear, they leak, or they require frequent repairs, homeowners should consider a replacement. Or maybe homeowners want to upgrade plumbing fixtures to save water and money or even for aesthetic reasons.
Some fixtures that homeowners should consider upgrading, that also come in water-saving models, include:
About Lodder Brothers Limited
Lodder Brothers Limited has over 40 years of experience serving Kitchener, ON, and the surrounding neighborhoods. They provide flare rate pricing, 24-hour emergency service, and a plumbing maintenance program. Call them today for toilet, faucet, or sink repair in Kitchener, ON.