Join our Universal Protection Program (UPP) for regular plumbing maintenance that will keep your property in good condition year-round.
What is Covered in the Program?
Water Heaters (residential)
We provide a visual inspection of the temperature and pressure relief valve for safe operation and signs of corrosion. If you have an electric water heater, we will check the thermostat and readjust it if necessary. We will also ensure that the water heater is running at peak efficiency as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Why is this important? This service should be performed at least once a year to keep your water heater working safely and efficiently.
Your most used fixture will be checked for leaks and corrosion. We will also grease your faucet’s stems, cartridges, and rubber seals and clean the aerators for proper water flow.
Why is this important? Foreign materials in your water source will cause friction between the stems and seats, affecting the operation of your faucet. Foreign materials also clog the aerator and restrict water flow. Having this service performed will extend the life of your faucet and save you money on replacements.
We will inspect your toilet and tank for leaks and make sure your unit is flushing properly. We will also check the water measuring device for proper adjustment, as well as check the flapper for the correct water seal. The float ball, overflow tube, and any linkage will be adjusted and set to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Why is this important? This service will reduce annoying toilet noises often due to improperly adjusted or defective water measuring devices. This service will also reduce water consumption and guarantee proper flushing action to move solid waste down the line, reducing chances of stoppage.
Home Safety Check
Your service technician will perform a walkthrough of your home, which will include an inspection of your entire plumbing system, tightening of any loose faucet handles, and minor repairs.
Each emergency shut-off valve under the sinks, toilets, water heaters, and main water shut-offs will be tested to ensure that they will operate in case of an emergency. Gas connectors with exposed piping will also be inspected visually. We will show you where your emergency water and gas shut-off valves are located. This will be noted on a diagram of your home that can be posted where all household members can refer to it.
What are the Benefits of the Protection Program?
- Peace of mind: This means automatic, periodic inspection, as well as lubrication, adjustment, and cleaning of water heaters and other fixtures to keep them operating at their best. Potential problems are spotted and fixed before they cause trouble.
- Convenience: A trained and dependable team of technicians will look after your plumbing fixtures and their performance. We work with you to schedule service calls at a convenient time for you.
- Preferred treatment: Regular inspections will increase your plumbing reliability. However, should you need service urgently, being a member of the Universal Protection Program entitles you to priority service.
- Choice of visits per year: You set the number of UPP calls each year. This will determine the cost of your membership.
- Free labour: You receive FREE labour on normal maintenance parts installed during any scheduled UPP call. As always, we will refer to you before proceeding with any major repairs.
- Price protection: Your agreement price will not be raised during the effective dates. Prices will not be raised following renewal periods without first notifying you. We charge by the job, not the hour, saving you money!
- Trusted service: You can count on our skilled plumbing experts to provide fast, dependable, and fair service.